The end of the year, and the end of each month offers an opportunity to go within, reflect, and contemplate your growth. Take inventory of your successes, your progress, and observe where you could have improved. What did you learn about yourself this year? What did you learn from others? About your perceived limits, or where you surpassed your expectations, and doubts? What strengths were illuminated or showcased? What intentions received focus, and how does that relate to what showed up this year? Where can you grow from this new perspective?
As you reflect, question, and take inventory of 2016, remember to be gentle with yourself as insights reveal. Remember to also appreciate yourself for everything you have accomplished, from the small and subtle shifts, and gifts, to the brighter, and more grandiose moments of discovery. Use your mistakes, lessons, and where you may feel you fell short, to serve as a catalyst for your personal growth. Use all of this as a continued reminder that it’s ok to be a work in progress as you hone, develop, and refine who you are. Use your past experiences, and current insights to propel your future decisions, choices, and your ever evolving, and unfolding path, and self. Make a commitment to yourself to have compassion for where you are, what you have overcome, and become. Practice self-love. Embody the confidence that you are able to create your visions for your incredible future from each moment starting from right now.
As I reflect on this past year, I am tempted to not give myself credit or acknowledge what I have created, and magnetized. At first, I found myself being hard on myself for not creating more, or completing the projects and books that I had hoped to finish. Focusing on what I have manifested, and being kinder to myself serves me much better! The truth is I am a visionary spirit with an abundance of ideas, and energy, sitting on a palate of possibilities ready to unfurl my creative rockets. Another truth: when I am inspired, and work from this heart-centered place, I am in a much better creative flow zone, and more productive. Moving forward on my path is happening step by step, even if the steps are tiny some days, weeks, and months.
I am also working part-time, and manage a family with two children. If I cloned myself 3x, and had a personal assistant, I’m not certain I would have fulfilled my high expectations for this year given how much I want to positively impact, and inspire others!
However, my authentic self recognizes that this past year was productive, and I did create movement, and continued to move forward with building my intention work business, and I am exactly where I need to be – even when I feel frustrated that everything I set out to do is not quite done yet :)! I’m wired to be driven, yet need to also have self-compassion that I am doing my very best, and honor all my efforts.
To highlight a few accomplishments in 2016, I started three new in-person intention groups, wrapped up one group that met for a year, began a second year cycle for another group, and developed a 60 page intention workbook that outlines the first year cycle, and another 40 page workbook for the second year cycle. The groups continue to gain traction, and with connections and referrals, another intention group is forming to begin in January 2017, and a Healer’s Circle is in progress. I also hosted two successful and well attended Healing Arts Networking Events this year. Lastly, I adapted the intention group themes and created a self-study, beginner e-course series, “Awaken & Magnetize Your Intentions” with an option for intention mentorship and coaching that will launch in January 2017.
This past year has enabled me to marinate and brew fresh ideas, collaborate on upcoming projects, and be thoughtful of what offerings would benefit the community I serve the most. Stepping out in a grander way, and stepping more into this intention work and path more fully has magnetized in ways I had not anticipated. Below are just some business projects I am working on. Would love to hear from you if you’re interested in collaborating, or are interested in helping me spread the word!
For those of you who are not familiar with the groups I guide, for the last seven years, I have facilitated several women’s intention groups on a small island in the Pacific Northwest. I’m also offering private coaching both in-person, and remotely. Currently, I lead four active intention groups, with a few “retired” groups.
What’s new & upcoming?
- An “Awaken & Magnetize Your Intentions” e-course for participants out of the area, or who prefer self-study with support. (The first e-course will include 6 modules based on themes, some audio/video, downloadable worksheets, an option for coaching sessions and other add-on’s, and access to an online community).
- A new Facebook “Author, Intention Facilitator, and Intention Coach” page dedicated to my business endeavors. Find the link here: https://www.facebook.com/Melissa-Curtin-Author-Intention-Group-Facilitator-Intention-Coach-1745817732372624/
- Launching soon! A podcast related to intention, transformation, interviews, and more. Ideas welcome on a title!!
- “Awakening Wisdom” book (Using my “aortic dissection/aneurysm and open-heart emergency” as the foundation for a self-help book on using wake up calls for transformation, growth & opportunity)
- “Awakening Stories to Uplift, Inspire, and Heal” book (A compilation of those who have also experienced major wake up calls, and how they have used their situation to heal, transform, and grow). Working title.
- Plans to partner with like-minded personal development & wellness oriented friends to create other classes, workshops, retreats, etc.
- Private intention coaching sessions
- If you have worked with me directly, or know me, write a recommendation, testimonial, or other kudos for my website, social media, or book back cover.
- Sign up for my website’s newsletter or subscribe to my intention blog.
- Connect me with someone you feel could benefit from what I offer in the groups (Intention or Business group), personal or business development coaching, or other media related, speaking, or writing skills.
- Like my blog posts, find me on Twitter @MelissaACurtin, LinkedIn, and Instagram (newly joined).
- Invite friends to my new Facebook business page.
- Spread the word when I publish and launch my books, and other projects.
- Refer someone to enroll in my Intention self-study e-course, or other class series.
- Attend the Healing Arts Networking events I host, be a presenter, and bring guests.
- Partner with me on an event, workshop, retreat, book, or other project.
- Connect me with opportunities to guest blog, speak, be interviewed, and contribute to consciousness raising projects.
- Open to ideas!